Cook Islands gambling market overview

0

The Cook Islands is home to one of the best performing economies in the Pacific, with a GDP growth rate by 12.8% in 2020-2021 and a per capita income of $13,092. However, the Cook Islands economy has been hit hard over the past decade by declining trade and the loss of its main foreign investor, the casino and gambling industry. With a population of less than 18,000, the Cook Islands has only one casino and one sports betting site. Population base and gaming revenue are lower than most other Pacific markets. This is why the Cook Islands has a much lower number of gambling sites per capita.

Photo by Kaysha on Unsplash

The situation of the game

The Cook Islands is an extremely small market for online gambling. There are only two commercial gambling websites operating in the Cook Islands. However, local players can still choose from various offshore online casinos and enjoy safe online gaming at Cook Islands online casinos at Cook Islands Casinority. If you’re not sure where to sign up and what casino games to play, you can always head over to Casinority. The site is full of different casino reviews and ratings. This data will help you make the right choice with ease.

It should be noted that due to the island’s proximity to New Zealand, the Cook Islands fall under New Zealand’s jurisdiction. This is why the Cook Islands and New Zealand have similar internet service and internet security standards. As already mentioned, the Cook Islands has an extremely small population base for online gambling. The only commercial online gambling company operating in the Cook Islands is the Rodd and Rodd Corporation, which holds the majority of the gambling market in the Cook Islands.

The Rodd and Rodd Corporation (Roddc) was established in 1999 and began to become the industry leader in the Cook Islands. At the very beginning, there were many local online casinos in the market. But when the legislation began to tighten around online gambling in 2016, all commercial operators were forced to close their sites. At the time, Roddc was one of only three gambling sites operating in the Cook Islands.

The Rodd and Rodd Corporation now controls approximately 70% of the gambling market in the Cook Islands. The remaining 30% of the market is controlled by the public operator, Lotteries Cook Islands (LCI). However, both sites are operated under the same license.

Rodd is one of the largest gambling companies in the Cook Islands with an extensive portfolio of brands, services and products. Having been initially created as a successor to the casino group, Rodd Investments Ltd. Roddc was originally a New Zealand-based company, but now has operations in several other Pacific locations.

Today, Roddc has eight brands in several Pacific countries, including the Roddc Group and Pacific Islands Online. Roddc’s brands have grown to include online gaming sites, sports betting operators, poker room operators, lottery ticket offices, bookmakers, bingo halls and event promoters.

Playing opportunities available

Although the gambling situation is rather limited to the Cook Islands, local players can still enjoy their favorite games online. And offshore casino sites like Ruby Fortune Casino will provide all thrill-seeking players with plenty of gaming options allowing players to spin the reels of their favorite machines and place wagers at the gaming tables. you don’t even have to go to a casino just check review by Alex Gambler.

Share.

Comments are closed.